[Snort-users] Multiple "sniffing" interfaces

Bryan Miller BMiller at ...9711...
Wed Jul 23 09:01:09 EDT 2003

I was curious as to the list member's experiences with using multiple
interfaces in "sniffing" mode.  We have a client who insists that we
install multiple NIC's in our box instead of purchasing another
appliance.  I was wondering how this affects other add-ins such as ACID,
SnortCenter and SnortSAM.  If anyone has any experiences with running
multiple NIC's in this fashion, I'd love to hear from you.  I'm also
guessing that you would have to run multiple instances of Snort?

Bryan