[Snort-users] Snortcenter RC1 default rules

rick van Wijnen rick at ...9700...
Tue Jul 22 08:55:15 EDT 2003

Hello,

I hope to find more snortcenter users here as snortcenter doesn't have a
list or forum of its own.
I use snortcenter to manage 24 sensors divided in 2 groups (in &
outbound sensors)

I have used snortcenter 9.6 and I upgraded to RC1. The databases are
incompatible, so I had to create a new database.
The only table I could use was the sensor table.

My problem is now that I was used to group the sensors. Each group had
it's own set of rules.
I can't find this option in RC1.

A workaround would be to define a set of rules as default ruleset and
adjust the other sensors manually.
Is this possible? How does snortsensor RC1 know the default set?

I hope your experience can help me.

Regards,
Rick van Wijnen.