[Snort-users] SNORT on Solaris

PPowenski at ...9469... PPowenski at ...9469...
Tue Jul 22 06:40:10 EDT 2003

Two items.
It has been awhile since I build open source on solaris and sunOS but any
open source package I did load required GNU gcc since sun was not fully ansi
compliant.

One site that made building and setting up what I needed without pain was
www.sunfreeware.com
This is the site to get whatever you need to build open source on sun..

Cheers
paul

-----Original Message-----
From: twig les [mailto:twigles at ...131...]
Sent: 21 July 2003 17:36
To: Daniél_Haslinger; snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [Snort-users] SNORT on Solaris

I've never installed Snort on Solaris but I *did* crowbar Nessus on there a
while back.  One problem I remember having is the PATH.  Check to see if
everything is in the right spot.  Also you may have to grab gcc instead of
using the cc included.
Third annoyance is the Flex/Bison vs Lex/Yack issue.

In general I've had a miserable time getting freeware to run correctly on
Solaris (but I'm not a Solaris stud), as a buddy said, "You basically need
to make it into a gnu (new) box". Hahaha, pun!

----

=====