[Snort-users] Books, URLS, Info On Reading & Understanding Snort Alerts

Steve Nutt luckysnutt at ...5190...
Mon Jul 21 20:32:20 EDT 2003

Need Information,

I am trying to better understand how one would research and determine what
is actually happening with the network alerts. I have snort and snortsnarf.
I get activity but I don't have a clue about how to go about validating the
actual alert. Does someone have a good site, book, magazine, class, user
group etc. that will point me in the direction to acquire the knowledge to
understand my alerts.

I get an alert and GFI but spend hours reading about someone else's attempts
to understand the same thing.

In serach of,
Steve