[Snort-users] Viewing ACID set's off P..O..R..N rules ...

Jason Whitson jason at ...9559...
Mon Jul 21 13:25:06 EDT 2003

Well today I decided to turn on the P..O..R..N ruleset to see if anyone here
wan't working on ... work.

Much to my surprise, ACID "blew up" with Rule violations. This is great and
all but when I view the rule violations in the ACID console and refresh to
see the latest, all the rules that were listed get relisted because I was
viewing them!

Is there a way to exclude the machine I use to view the ACID console from
the rules? I would hate to have to explain the rule violationsfrom my
workstation. Even though the source IP is the box running snort ...

- Jason