[Snort-users] SNORT on Solaris

twig les twigles at ...131...
Mon Jul 21 12:26:56 EDT 2003

I've never installed Snort on Solaris but I *did* crowbar Nessus
on there a while back.  One problem I remember having is the
PATH.  Check to see if everything is in the right spot.  Also
you may have to grab gcc instead of using the cc included.
Third annoyance is the Flex/Bison vs Lex/Yack issue.

In general I've had a miserable time getting freeware to run
correctly on Solaris (but I'm not a Solaris stud), as a buddy
said, "You basically need to make it into a gnu (new) box".
Hahaha, pun!

=====