[Snort-users] Wireless access point detection

Andrew Lockhart andrew at ...9653...
Tue Jul 15 13:07:03 EDT 2003

On Tue, 2003-07-15 at 12:35, Elkind_Rob at ...3331... wrote:
> Has anyone written any rules to detect rogue wireless access points that
> they would like to share?  I'd like to compare results from snort with the
> nessus scans I have looking for WAPs.
>
> Thanks,
> -Rob

I've written a preprocessor to detect rogue WAPs and AdHoc networks. It
seems to work pretty well, but I haven't had time to do extensive
testing. So, if you're interested drop me a line. I do plan on releasing
it eventually, but it's just one of several preprocessors I'm writing
for 802.11 stuff.

--
Andrew Lockhart <andrew at ...9653...>