[Snort-users] barnyard questions about mysql

Scott Renna srenna at ...9588...
Tue Jul 15 08:21:11 EDT 2003

Hello,

So I was reading through the documentation on barnyard, specifically the
FAQ about how it does not come by default with database support.  I went
to begin recompiling it(as it had noticed nothing was being logged to
the database) and I got this message:

  ERROR: unable to find mysqlclient library
  checked in the following places
        /usr/local/lib/mysql

XXXXXX# cd /usr/local/lib
XXXXXX# ls mysql*
libdbug.a               libmyisam.a             libmysqlclient.so
libmysqlclient_r.so     libmysys.a
libheap.a               libmyisammrg.a          libmysqlclient.so.12
libmysqlclient_r.so.12  libnisam.a
libmerge.a              libmysqlclient.a        libmysqlclient_r.a
libmystrings.a          libvio.a

I do have the mysql client installed, here's a section of my pkg_info:

mysql-client-4.0.13 Multithreaded SQL database (client)
mysql-server-4.0.13_1 Multithreaded SQL database (server)

Anyone else run into this problem before?

Scott Renna
Head Systems Administrator
Dynamic Animation Systems
703-503-0500