[Snort-users] Memory Leak

Potts, Ross A. ross.potts at ...9374...
Mon Jul 14 09:26:29 EDT 2003

What version, what OS, Blah, Blah, Blah?

-----Original Message-----
From: Jim Gifford [mailto:maillist at ...6454...]
Sent: Friday, July 11, 2003 12:06 PM
To: Snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [Snort-users] Memory Leak

I have been experience a memory leak on my system, I have tracked it down to
snort. Here is the problem the way I see it.

snort starts out running on my system at 40mb.

3202 root       9   0 43580  40m 1152 S  0.0  4.0   0:05.66 snort

After a day of running and a half of running snort goes up to 140+mb and
locks the system up.

Any suggestions or patches.

Snort was compiled from the source.