[Snort-users] anyone got a good snort startup script?

Derya Sezen funky at ...8796...
Sun Jul 13 02:24:17 EDT 2003

you can use the command "killproc" to do the script.

ex: killproc -G -TERM /usr/local/bin/snort

You can find the pid of the process, in /var/run/snort.pid

I can also send the "C code" which makes fork() and returns the PID of
the process if you want...