OT: Re: Re: [Snort-users] Memory Leak (SpamEnder: BLOCKED 54DR-SExxx xx-mkettler at ...4108...)

Matt Kettler mkettler at ...4108...
Fri Jul 11 14:38:14 EDT 2003

sorry, I refuse to validate TMDA style requests for list postings, so I'll
resort to a little OT public humiliation instead.

To those uninterested, sorry for the minor rant.

The following TMDA spam-block reply was generated by clueless TMDA system
at a florist-type company in response to one of my snort users postings.

The lesson: always whitelist your mail-list subscriptions if you're going
to be using TMDA, otherwise you're burdening list posters with your TMDA
garbage. This is just as bad, if not worse, than the drooling-on-themselves
twits who have vacation rules that blindly reply to list posts.

As for the "NEVER blocks the e-mail you want" clause of spamender's
claims.. well.. does he want his list subscription posts to go through? If
so, it apparently does block email he wants, as I'm certainly more
motivated to just auto-filter all email from that sender to my trashcan
than to reply.

"Oh, you want me to jump through hoops so that you can get posts I make to
a list you signed up for? Why don't I just jump through the same number of
hoops so I never get mail from you at all instead, this way the problem
stays solved for me even if you change TMDA systems?"