[Snort-users] ACID

James Nonya slave_tothe_box at ...131...
Wed Jul 9 07:48:01 EDT 2003

On Wed, 9 Jul 2003 08:03:52 -0400
"Esler, Joel  Contractor"
<joel.esler at ...9426...> wrote:

> Once events are moved to "archive" in ACID, I have
acid setup to move them
> to a different database on the same box, is there a
way I can go back, to
> call these events again...

Joel,

I had the same question, so I made a copy of my acid
dir and reversed the snort archive and snort db
values.  I go to acid for the current stuff, and
acid_archive for the archive stuff.  That way I can
move things back and forth.  So when I'm in
acid_archive, sending entries to archive actually puts
them back in the current snortdb.  Hope that helps.

James