[Snort-users] ERROR: ERROR /etc/snort/rules/snort.eth0.conf (97): Bad arguments to byte_test:

Rodrigo Goya lucent at ...9564...
Tue Jul 8 11:27:25 EDT 2003

I bet it's the same problem, rule with SID=1882. Do a "Review" of the
rules before you push/reload, search for "1882".

Dirty Fix: Go into SnortCenter's database and find sid 1882's properties,
can't remember exactly in what table, I think it's "rule_options". You'll
find a "byte_test:" with no arguments, delete that reference in the table,
should work from there.

Why that happens? I haven't looked into it, but as Erek points out, it
must be SnortCenter messing up.

Cheers,
Rodrigo