[Snort-users] reboot the DB

Derek Glidden dglidden at ...7172...
Tue Jul 8 08:16:23 EDT 2003

On Mon, 2003-07-07 at 19:45, Erek Adams wrote:

> One thing you might want to check on is how well BY works with Postgres.
> I'm pretty sure it works, but something in the back of my mind make me
> think there was an issue.  I can't recall if that's the case or not.  You
> can check the archives here [0].
>
> Anyone have any experience in using Barnyard and Snort with Postgres?

Last time I looked at the BY source, all the pgsql support were empty
stub functions.  I mailed a patch to the addresses in the source/docs to
implement the functions against pgsql, but never got a response, so I
have no idea if it was accepted, ignored, or what.

"We all enter this world in the    | Support Electronic Freedom
same way: naked; screaming; soaked |        http://www.eff.org/
in blood. But if you live your     |  http://www.anti-dmca.org/
life right, that kind of thing     |---------------------------
doesn't have to stop there." -- Dana Gould