[Snort-users] reboot the DB

Bryan Irvine bryan.irvine at ...9066...
Mon Jul 7 17:17:31 EDT 2003

ok I'm trying to build barnyard with the following options

# ./configure --enable-postgres
--with-postgres-includes=/usr/local/include/postgresql
--with-postgres-libraries=/usr/local/lib

and it seems to go ok, except when I try to run "make" i get the
following errors.

#
make
make  all-recursive
Making all in src
Making all in output-plugins
gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I../.. -I../.. -I../../src
-I/usr/local/include/postgresql -DENABLE_POSTGRES  -g -O2 -Wall -c
op_acid_db.c
op_acid_db.c:115: syntax error before `,'
op_acid_db.c:116: syntax error before `,'
op_acid_db.c: In function `DbClose':
op_acid_db.c:947: structure has no member named `pq'
op_acid_db.c: In function `SelectAsUInt':
op_acid_db.c:966: structure has no member named `pq'
op_acid_db.c: In function `Insert':
op_acid_db.c:984: structure has no member named `pq'
op_acid_db.c:984: `result' undeclared (first use in this function)
op_acid_db.c:984: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
op_acid_db.c:984: for each function it appears in.)
op_acid_db.c: In function `BeginTransaction':
op_acid_db.c:1002: structure has no member named `pq'
op_acid_db.c: In function `EndTransaction':
op_acid_db.c:1020: structure has no member named `pq'
op_acid_db.c: In function `AbortTransaction':
op_acid_db.c:1038: structure has no member named `pq'
op_acid_db.c: In function `PostgresClose':
op_acid_db.c:1153: warning: control reaches end of non-void function
op_acid_db.c: At top level:
op_acid_db.c:1155: syntax error before `,'
op_acid_db.c:1161: syntax error before `,'
*** Error code 1

Stop in /home/admin/barnyard-0.1.0/src/output-plugins.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /home/admin/barnyard-0.1.0/src (line 192 of Makefile).
*** Error code 1

Stop in /home/admin/barnyard-0.1.0 (line 164 of Makefile).
*** Error code 1

Stop in /home/admin/barnyard-0.1.0 (line 293 of Makefile).
#

Any ideas?

--Bryan