[Snort-users] Snorting SSL

Hutchinson, Andrew andrew.hutchinson at ...759...
Mon Jul 7 11:12:07 EDT 2003

I may be wrong, but the only good way that I know of to do this is to
use an SSL Accelerator, and run your ISD behind it.  This can often be
combined with a we server load balancing solution, from folks like
Radware or F5.  The accelerator terminates the SSL sessions and then
dispatches the session of one of the servers in the farm.  Radware
allows you to plug your IDS right into the accelerator/load balancer.  I
don't know too much about F5.

Hope this helps,

Andrew

Andrew Hutchinson - Network Security