[Snort-users] Optimizing Linux Kernel for Snort

Sat Jul 5 01:14:20 EDT 2003

Dragos Ruiu wrote:

> On July 4, 2003 04:28 pm, Phil Wood wrote:
>
>>  http://public.lanl.gov/cpw/libpcap-0.8.030609.tar.gz
>

> So why haven't these been inlined into the main release
> by the tcpdump folken?

As Mr. Wood said it is available only for Linux. As we know
libpcap is an effort to achieve same conditions for libpcap
based software on virtually all platforms ;) .

I guess that would be too much work or not possible to port.
Other systems have different implementations of buffers. AFAIK
winpcap has even more than one ring buffer too.

But I'm only guessing the possible reasons. Maybe Mr. Wood
can tell us ...

Regards,

Edin

--