[Snort-users] Find the best solution HIDS

hugh_fraser at ...2804... hugh_fraser at ...2804...
Thu Jul 3 11:57:19 EDT 2003

Three products come to mind. Tripwire comes with RedHat Linux, and
either it or SamHain are excellent file integrity tools, and are quite
effective at recognizing the footprints of rootkits, etc.. Snare by
IntersectAlliance is an excellent tool for logging activity (ie. File
accesses) on systems, very similar to object auditting capabilities
within Windows.