[Snort-users] Snort Signature – Rule Documentation

Michael L. Artz dragon at ...8731...
Thu Jul 3 06:35:04 EDT 2003

>Is there any way to download the Snort Signature Database Rule
>documentations? How about the related database/info from arachNIDs, or
>CVE, or Bugtrap, etc.?

Snort sig docs come with the source, CVE can be downloaded, and I don't
think that the others will ever allow you to download their database, as
they are all managed by a for profit company.  I am sure that part of
their business model relies upon forcing people to come to their site to
look up information.  A little perl/LWP will get you most of it, however.

-Mike