[Snort-users] Snort alerts via SNMP Traps

Tero Kokko tero.kokko at ...9597...
Thu Jul 3 06:00:41 EDT 2003

> Has anyone written a nagios check or other mechanism for alerting in
> Nagios based on a snort alert they would share?

 I did a quick and dirty trick and edited check_log to work with nagios
log that I save from SnortCenter. All it does is that it will check new
priority 1 and priority 2 alerts and send all p1 alerts when they occur
and summary of priority 2 alerts once a hour.Works for me, I keep updated
on what happens and I can always use Acid to see more when something
interesting is goin on.