[Snort-users] Snort Signature – Rule Documentation

Rich Adamson radamson at ...2127...
Thu Jul 3 04:52:36 EDT 2003

Carlos,

> I have asked this once before here but it either got lost in the line
> noise or no one cared enough to even tell me to shut up and take a hike
> but I?ll ask again and also try to make some other points.
>
> Is there any way to download the Snort Signature Database Rule
> documentations? How about the related database/info from arachNIDs, or
> CVE, or Bugtrap, etc.?

Not sure if this is what you're looking for, but many of the rules are
documented in the doc/signatures directory that was created when you
installed snort. I've not tried to import them into anything, but it would
appear the files are structured/formated to ease an import process of
some sort.