[Snort-users] Error on postgresql logging

Frank Knobbe fknobbe at ...652...
Wed Jul 2 13:32:05 EDT 2003

On Wed, 2003-07-02 at 00:55, Dilan Arumainathan wrote:
> This only complicates things, but if I am using odbc should I still have
> postgresql support built in.

If you want to log to a Postgres database, you should use the Postgres
version, and use in your snort.conf something like:

output database: log, postgresql, user=snort dbname=snort
password=password host=dbhost sensor_name=optional encoding=ascii
detail=full

Regards,
Frank