[Snort-users] Can snort be used for single host Intrusion Detection?(A newbie Question)

Erek Adams erek at ...950...
Wed Jul 2 09:05:14 EDT 2003

On Wed, 2 Jul 2003, [iso-8859-1] Louis Lam wrote:

> The snort configuration file allows users to specify a
> range of network addresses that it detects activities
> on. I understand that it is possible to ignore traffic
> coming from a particular host.
>
> Is it possible to configure snort such that it only
> checks traffic coming into a particular host?

HOME_NET is best described as "the network or range of IP's that you want
to protect."  Simply define your HOME_NET as a single host:

	var HOME_NET 10.10.10.1/32

Cheers!

-----
Erek Adams