[Snort-users] Snort upgrade/MySQL database problems
mquibell at ...7759...
Tue Jul 1 13:50:18 EDT 2003
I have two sensors installed. I just upgraded another sensor to Snort 2.0. I
previously upgrade a current system to 2.0 a month or so ago. Now I am combining
the two into the 1.9 MySQL database. I upgraded the schema during my 1.8 > 1.9
migration. Now when I bring my old Snort 2.0 in with the new onto the MySQL
database, i get the error:
Jul 1 10:03:41 Security snort: database: mysql_error: Unknown column 'last_cid'
in 'field list' SQL=INSERT INTO sensor (hostname, interface, detail,
encoding, last_cid) VALUES ('Internal','eth1','1','0', '0')
Jul 1 10:03:41 Security snort: database: Problem obtaining SENSOR ID (sid) from
Jul 1 10:03:41 Security snort: FATAL ERROR: When this plugin starts, a SELECT
query is run to find the sensor id for the currently running sensor.
If the sensor id is not found, the plugin will run an INSERT query to insert
the proper data and generate a new sensor id. Then a SELECT query is run to
get the newly allocated sensor id. If that fails then this error message is
generated. Some possible causes for this error are:
* the user does not have proper INSERT or SELECT privileges * the sensor
table does not exist If you are _absolutely_ certain that you have the
proper privileges set and that your database structure is built properly please
let me know if you continue to get this error. You can contact me at
(roman at ...438...).
I checked and rechecked db rights on the new system, the user has full rights to
the database. I've checked many resources, including snort discussions, to no
THe only thing I've found on this was an older bug. TIA!
More information about the Snort-users