AW: [Snort-users] ssh vs stunnel

Skip Carter skip at ...1552...
Tue Jul 1 12:40:06 EDT 2003

> the answer from joerg was that he use stunnel and it works just fine.
>
> now i ask about the pros & cons between ssh & stunnel.
>
> why should i use stunnel if i can do the same over an ssh port forwarding.
> whats is better with stunnel?

I use port forwarding with ssh in order to have an encrypted channel
in support of an interactive session and use stunnel for persistent
connections ( an "application level VPN" ).

Skip

--
 Dr. Everett (Skip) Carter      Phone: 831-641-0645 FAX:  831-641-0647
 Taygeta Scientific Inc.        INTERNET: skip at ...1552...