[Snort-users] RES: A Couple of Questions [Snort-users]

Romulo M. Cholewa rmc at ...8111...
Fri Jan 31 21:45:01 EST 2003

A reminder:

If you have a switched network, you can always look into the switch
management software or statistics. Most of the time they come with a CRC
error count per port. That would give away a faulty NIC or cable.

If you are trying to get warned about these kind of problems, you also
have the option of using snmp traps. Most managed switches can be
configured to send traps if they encounter a bad frame error / crc
error, or if the error count is higher than a preconfigured threshold.

But your question reminds me of a time when I was able to use LANalyzer
:D

Romulo M. Cholewa
Home : http://www.rmc.eti.br
Forum: http://zeus.rmc.eti.br/forum