[Snort-users] Snort on FreeBSD

Schmehl, Paul L pauls at ...6838...
Fri Jan 31 16:43:03 EST 2003

I just got done setting up a FreeBSD box with snort-mysql-acid, and I've
got a question about something strange.  Everything seems to be working
fine except that ACID is reporting *two* sensors.  One is the
promiscuous interface (which *should* be reporting) and the other is the
management interface.

I'm starting snort with a shell script that specifies -i xl0, which is
the promiscuous interface.

Why is it doing this?  Did I misconfigure something?  (I can provide
info if needed - ifconfig, snort.conf, etc.)

Paul Schmehl (pauls at ...6838...)
Adjunct Information Security Officer
The University of Texas at Dallas
http://www.utdallas.edu/~pauls/