[Snort-users] A Couple of Questions

Eli Stair estair at ...7351...
Fri Jan 31 11:22:02 EST 2003

Lars, that sounds (to me) like it belongs in a NM package like Nagios or OpenNMS,
snort doesn't sound like the right place to be doing it (IMO).  Although your net
management software has no business (IMO) listening to the wire to check for
damaged frames, etc.  And hardware errors like that would be unlikely to make it
above the data link layer, and thus not be detected by snort anyhow.  Feel free
to correct me if I'm wrong, anyone :)

/eli

--
CAUTION: Repeated use of finger can cause a system to become overloaded, which can cause it to stop responding.
--Infinite wisdom from the font that is ISS 6.2.1