[Snort-users] Snort 1.9 and PureSecure

Ceri Coburn ceri at ...8187...
Fri Jan 31 08:53:06 EST 2003

Hi,

I am having trouble getting snort 1.9 and pure secure to work correctly.
I have downloaded the modified snort 1.9 (win32) binary from demarc's
website and also updated the database schema (105 -> 106) and added the
extra last_cid filed to the sensor table.  I am able to start snort from
the command line with no problems (with puresecure's version of
snort.conf) but when I try to start it with the Pure Secure service it
fails to start.  The only information in the psd.log is that it failed
to parse some RULES.  Does anybody know of a solution to this?

Thanks is advance
Ceri