[Snort-users] How to enable SENSOR

Hicks, John JHicks at ...5857...
Fri Jan 31 08:19:08 EST 2003

Bjeorn,

Until you actually get an alert into the database, you won't have any
Sensor # with which to reference. It seems that the issue is more that
your not getting data into ACID at all. This can be verified following
the ACID setup from www.cert.org/kb/acid and using your standard attack
tools.

cheers,
John

-----Original Message-----
From: Gosswiler Bjoern [mailto:Bjoern.Gosswiler at ...8185...]
Sent: Friday, January 31, 2003 10:05 AM
To: snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [Snort-users] How to enable SENSOR

I am using  FreeBSD 4.7, Snort 1.9, MySQL 3.23.53 with ACID v0.9.6b21
Setup Guide "How to setup and secure Snort....
http://www.snort.org/docs/FreeBSD46RELEASE-Snort-MySQLVer1-2.pdf

At least Snort works with the shell but when I want use ACID to get some
information,
There is NO ALERT, NO SENSOR ->like nothing!
I could create the ACID AG Tables on the main site...but now I cant find
the problem!
It looks like the database is connected and everything is fine but I get
no information
Into ACID...

Bjoern