[Snort-users] Snort&MySQL

Kenneth G. Arnold bkarnold at ...8060...
Fri Jan 31 06:40:02 EST 2003

There should be only four steps to this once MySQL is running.

1.  Create the database snort in MySQL with appropriate permissions for
users and hosts.
2.  Run the script contrib/create_mysql in the snort source code against
the database as a user with the correct permissions.
3.   Uncomment and supply user, password, database and host for the output
database line for mysql in the snort.conf file.
4.   Restart Snort.

Ken