[Snort-users] SnortCenter and existing init scripts on sensors

McGuire, Dennis dmcguire at ...8127...
Fri Jan 31 06:37:03 EST 2003

All, I have an existing distributed IDS infrastructure (snort
1.8.7/ACID/MySQL) that I am now trying to manage using SnortCenter.  I have
existing customized init scripts on the sensors that I want to have
SnortCenter use - this is because I forward port 3306 over ssh for traffic
back to the centralized snort db, and the up/down of the tunnel is done
within the init script for snort.

It seems that SnortCenter doesn't use the init scripts on the sensor, at
least from observation and reading sensor.php and index.cgi.  Has anyone
customized SnortCenter to use existing init scripts, or am I on my own?

Thanks,
Dennis