[Snort-users] Acid Question...

Chris N chris.northrop at ...406...
Wed Jan 29 12:01:03 EST 2003

MessageRefresh?

Did snort stopped logging alerts to your database? Can you see new alerts if you
do a select on some of the tables?  Is Acid pointed to the right database?

  -----Original Message-----
  From: snort-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net
[mailto:snort-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net]On Behalf Of Saguturu, Suresh
  Sent: Wednesday, January 29, 2003 10:23 AM
  To: 'snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net'
  Subject: [Snort-users] Acid Question...

  Greetings,

        I am new to this mailing list and I don't know  if  anyone had already
posted  this question.  I recently installed Snort on my Mandrake 9.0 machine
and when I open the page through browser to see the statistics through 'acid'
interface...it shows all the information which belongs to 4 months ago. It is
not showing me the current  alerts. What am I doing wrong here? What should I do
to make my acid active so that it shows the traffic (alerts) on the interface
that I configured for the snort.  My RDBMS is MySQL and I have installed PHP,
adodb, GD and m4 along with acid. I tested and verified all the permissions and
Grants for the snort user on all the tables.  When I run snort on command line,
it works fine and I can see the packets.

    Thank You