[Snort-users] HELP

Ben Swaby BSwaby at ...8148...
Wed Jan 29 10:24:10 EST 2003

I just went through the same thing yesterday and got it up and running
by following Steven J. Scott paper
(http://www.snort.org/docs/snort-rh7-mysql-ACID-1-5.pdf) on how to set
it up on RedHat 7.3.  It took me about a day to set it up, but most of
that's because it was the first time I have ever used/installed Linux.

P.S. - After using Windows for so many years I have I am really starting
to like the Linux OS.

Ben Swaby

-----Original Message-----
From: tanis at ...8070... [mailto:tanis at ...8070...]
Sent: Tuesday, January 28, 2003 10:11 AM
To: snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [Snort-users] HELP

Does anyone have a Step by step on how they set up Snort, MySQL, ACID,
and
Snortcenter on a RH 8.0 Machine. and got it to work. Snort works fine.
SQL
is polling a DB, Problem is ACID and Snort Center is not pulling any
data.
This has been bugging me for a few days now and I am just about to chunk

it.

Tanis