[Snort-users] Does any one know how to archive Mysql database?

Erick Mechler emechler at ...7719...
Wed Jan 29 10:01:02 EST 2003

:: I use a shell script and an sql script to clean our mysql database in
:: Solaris.  This also cleans the acid tables.  The script will prompt you for
:: the password.

This is a minor note, but for MySQL, "delete from [tablename]" will work
just fine, however "truncate table [tablename]" is much quicker as it
doesn't do a row-by-row delete.  If you have small tables this won't matter
much, but some people may notice a substantial speed increase by using
truncate.

Cheers - Erick