[Snort-users] Alert Leak?

joseph.warner at ...6725... joseph.warner at ...6725...
Wed Jan 29 09:22:09 EST 2003

Hi,

I have a PC with two NIC cards, one configured for my internal network
and the other for my T1 connection.  I'm using ZoneAlarm to protect
the NIC/connection using the T1.  I have snort running on our internal
network and sometimes it generates alerts for activity that's being
blocked by ZoneAlarm on the external (T1) NIC.  How is this possible
since traffic isn't routable between the two NIC cards?  How is snort
able to see this traffic at all?

Thanks

Health Services Corporation and are intended only for the addressee(s).
otherwise confidential information.  Unauthorized review, forwarding, printing,
be unlawful.  If you received this message in error, or have reason to believe
notify the sender by e-mail with a copy to CSOffice at ...6726...  Thank you