[Snort-users] 2 instance of snort on windows

Michael Steele michaels at ...155...
Tue Jan 28 23:29:04 EST 2003

Mario,

Use a non-service version of Snort and use firedeamon to run it as a
service. If your cleaver you can hack the registry and use the service
version.

Glad the docs helped.

 -Michael

 mailto:michaels at ...155...

From: snort-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net
[mailto:snort-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net] On Behalf Of Boisvert,
Mario
Sent: Monday, January 27, 2003 11:10 AM
To: snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [Snort-users] 2 instance of snort on windows

Hi,

I install snort 1.9.x following the procedure of Micheal Steele of
Silicondefence and everything work fine, (Thank you Micheal).  But I'am use
to run 2 instances of snort with my old set-up.  I was running a version of
snort that didn't provide the snort service option.  Is their a way two use
2 instance on windows with the service option of snort 1.9.x?

Thanks in advance

Mario Boisvert