[Snort-users] RES: sending alerts by email / active response Win2K system [RMC-J7FLJI4]

Lok Ying Chung rogerchung2 at ...8113...
Tue Jan 28 18:16:18 EST 2003

HI Choelwa,
How to get the Syslog Daemon for Windows 2k Pro? Is it can configured to submit snort alert log to windows event log?

Regards,
Roger Chung

 "Romulo M. Cholewa" <rmc at ...8111...> wrote:Hi Michael,

That's good news. With Syslog Daemon, I can configure it to submit the snort alert log to the system event log. Then, I can use an app like EventWatchNT, to send specific alerts to an email address.

You can find EventWatchNT here:

http://www.webattack.com/get/eventwatch.shtml

When I get to the lab I'll test it. Thanks!

Romulo M. Cholewa.