[Snort-users] sending alerts by email / active response Win2K system [RMC-J7FLJI4]

Michael Steele michaels at ...155...
Tue Jan 28 13:52:13 EST 2003

Christopher, Anyone, etc.

I'm trying the program now, but I still unable to get it to alert on
anything. What I am trying to do is alert on "Priority: 1" alerts only.
Maybe it's not possible to parse the actual alert and grab content and alert
on that content? Any hints as to how to accomplish this?

   -Michael

mailto:michaels at ...155...

From: snort-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net
[mailto:snort-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net] On Behalf Of L. Christopher
Luther
Sent: Tuesday, January 28, 2003 11:16 AM
To: 'Michael Steele'; 'Romulo M. Cholewa'
Cc: 'snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net'
Subject: RE: [Snort-users] sending alerts by email / active response Win2K
system [RMC-J7FLJI4]

Ask and ye shall receive:

    EventSentry Light - http://www.netikus.net/products_downloads.html

I've not compared the functionality of EventSentry Light to the original
EventWatchNT, but I really liked EventWatchNT.  For a freeware Event Log
monitor, it just could not be beat (IMHO).

I personally like the freeware version Kiwi Syslog Daemon, but
unfortunately, the filter/trigger e-mail functionality is only available in
the registered product.  (sigh...)

Cheers!

  Christopher