[Snort-users] Database connection "Established" or Not?

Tue Jan 28 13:26:01 EST 2003

If you're using mysql, you may want to check the timeout settings.

-----Original Message-----
From: Chris N [mailto:chris.northrop at ...406...]
Sent: Tuesday, January 28, 2003 5:36 PM
To: snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [Snort-users] Database connection "Established" or Not?

Group,

I notice that sometimes snort will dropped its connection between a
remote
sensor and the logging database.. At first I thought something was
wrong, but
then I noticed the connection sometimes reestablishes itself.. Snort
remains
running just the network connection is dropped, is this Normal?

I created a restart script but I don't wont to use it if this is normal
Snort
behavior.

2.4.19
Snort 1.9