[Snort-users] multiple instances of snort

Chris N chris.northrop at ...406...
Tue Jan 28 12:06:47 EST 2003

Use deferent sensor names for each interface..

-----Original Message-----
From: snort-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net
[mailto:snort-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net]On Behalf Of Schroeder,
Eric
Sent: Tuesday, January 28, 2003 11:12 AM
To: 'snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net'
Subject: [Snort-users] multiple instances of snort

I have multiple instances of Snort running on one machine and logging to the
same MySQL database.  I get error messages like:

database: mysql_error: Duplicate entry '2-3869689' for key 1
SQL=INSERT INTO event (sid,cid,signature,timestamp) VALUES ('2', '3869689',
'14', '2003-01-28 10:25:10-06')

Does Snort recover from this?  Or should I find a better way?

-Eric Schroeder
Senior Network Engineer
Thomson Legal & Regulatory
610 Opperman Drive