[Snort-users] RES: sending alerts by email / active response Win2K system [RMC-J7FLJI4]

Romulo M. Cholewa rmc at ...8111...
Tue Jan 28 11:22:09 EST 2003

Hi Michael,

That's good news. With Syslog Daemon, I can configure it to submit the snort alert log to the system event log. Then, I can use an app like EventWatchNT, to send specific alerts to an email address.

You can find EventWatchNT here:

http://www.webattack.com/get/eventwatch.shtml

When I get to the lab I'll test it. Thanks!

Romulo M. Cholewa.

	-----Mensagem original-----
	De: Michael Steele [mailto:michaels at ...155...]
	Enviada: ter 1/28/2003 13:44
	Para: Romulo M. Cholewa; snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
	Assunto: RE: sending alerts by email / active response Win2K system [RMC-J7FLJI4]

	Romulo,

	You will need something like Syslog Daemon and run the alerts through that.
	It has an option of emailing on certain triggers. If you find a free tool
	that works, please let us windows folks know. The alerts can be sent to the
	Event Viewer, application log in Windows and if you can find something to
	parse that file and alert, that would be great.

	-Michael
	 mailto:michaels at ...155...