[Snort-users] Newbie Install on OpenBSD Question

Siobahn Hotaling shotali1 at ...8116...
Tue Jan 28 06:46:13 EST 2003

I've been scouring the Snort FAQ and README's all day, but I still have a
few unsolved questions and I was hoping that someone could help.
(installing from ports on OpenBSD 3.2)

1.  The machine I am installing on is a web server that is also configured
as a firewall to an internal network, but I am more interested in the
traffic that comes into the server (not into the internal network).  If this
is so, do I configure the $HOME_NET and $EXTERNAL_NET IP addresses both to
be the IP address of the server?

2.  I can't find the sql statements to create the tables snort needs to put
the logs into a mysql database anywhere - nothing showed up in the install
directory.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks