[Snort-users] [OT] Anti Virus on Linux?

Matt Kettler mkettler at ...4108...
Mon Jan 27 15:14:02 EST 2003

Well, I'll agree it's not strictly snort related, and the first post even
acknowledges that, so I'll agree it's OT to some degree. I'll add an OT
flag to the subject in light of that.

Still, to some degree issues related to keeping your snort box secure from
rootkit and/or worm infiltration are relevant. Usually a snort box is in a
very good position on the network to engage in spoofing attacks, so a
penetrated snort box is a very dangerous thing.

The thread seems to have diverged into clearly off-topic discussions of
scanning e-mail, but the original post was asking if it's
important/relevant for a snort sensor to have such software.

So it's not totally unrelated, and certainly snort-box-security discussions
should not be regarded as unimportant or irrelevant to Snort and the
snort-users community.