[Snort-users] Snortsam as daemon

Horta, Benny BHorta1 at ...8080...
Mon Jan 27 08:37:08 EST 2003

What occurs is when I run it using the & and close out the snortsam process
is gone I log in as root and do a ./snortsam & as long as I am logged on it
works but if I close my ssh window the process goes away and shunning stops

-----Original Message-----
From: Frank Knobbe [mailto:fknobbe at ...652...]
Sent: Saturday, January 25, 2003 1:02 AM
To: Horta, Benny
Cc: snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [Snort-users] Snortsam as daemon

On Fri, 2003-01-24 at 14:45, Horta, Benny wrote:
> how do I run the snortsam program in the background as a daemon, If I
> close the SSH session I logged in as the snortsam process is also
> killed.

SnortSam doesn't have a -D flag yet. Use 'daemon' or the daemontools
package to run it as a daemon. Alternatively, you can always start it
with & from a startup script.

Regards,
Frank

PS: We are completing a server move tomorrow. The web and FTP site may
be out of service for a bit on Saturday. My apologies.