[Snort-users] Authenticating acid with Apache...

Jason Haar Jason.Haar at ...294...
Sun Jan 26 10:58:05 EST 2003

Tobias Rice wrote:

>I know this may be getting a little off topic, but I'm sure that some of you
>may have encountered this problem. I am using Win2k/Apache 2x with ACID.
>After setting up digest authentication for my acid directory, it breaks acid
>(some links don't work, no graphs are displayed etc...)

This is really purely an Apache Digest issue - not ACID. I've been using
Basic auth over HTTPS to protect our ACID installs for over 18 months
with never any bother. You either have a misconfiguration - or an Apache
bug at work here...

BTW: one should always use ACID over HTTPS instead of HTTP - nothing
worse than getting the results page from ACID setting off snort alerts ;-)

Jason