[Snort-users] Snortsam as daemon

Frank Knobbe fknobbe at ...652...
Fri Jan 24 22:08:03 EST 2003

On Fri, 2003-01-24 at 14:45, Horta, Benny wrote:
> how do I run the snortsam program in the background as a daemon, If I
> close the SSH session I logged in as the snortsam process is also
> killed.

SnortSam doesn't have a -D flag yet. Use 'daemon' or the daemontools
package to run it as a daemon. Alternatively, you can always start it
with & from a startup script.

Regards,
Frank

PS: We are completing a server move tomorrow. The web and FTP site may
be out of service for a bit on Saturday. My apologies.