[Snort-users] Changing a Classification

Graham, Robert rgraham at ...8016...
Fri Jan 24 08:06:02 EST 2003

Kenneth,

I using Demarc instead of ACID.  I went ahead and recreated the kickass-porn
classification with the same ID as before and then renamed it to just Porn
using sql.  This seemed to do the trick.

Thanks for your help

-----Original Message-----
From: Kenneth G. Arnold [mailto:bkarnold at ...8060...]
Sent: Friday, January 24, 2003 9:47 AM
To: Graham, Robert
Subject: Re: [Snort-users] Changing a Classification

I presume that you are referring to the actual snort alerts file?  If so I
can't help you.  If you are referring to the output of ACID then you need
to know that the classifications are stored in the database for each
signature and I don't think they change once you change the classification
in the snort rules.  You can change them with sql however.
Ken