[Snort-users] help with "disable_decode_alerts" in the config file

Slighter, Tim tslighter at ...5174...
Fri Jan 24 07:22:06 EST 2003

I placed the following line at the end of the preprocessor section
config disable_decode_alerts

and snort took it fine and worked

-----Original Message-----
From: AppleAnnie331 at ...661... [mailto:AppleAnnie331 at ...661...]
Sent: Thursday, January 23, 2003 9:43 AM
To: snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [Snort-users] help with "disable_decode_alerts" in the config
file

In the archives I found the solution to a problem I am having with
"(snort_decoder) Unknown Datagram decoding problem" and ICMP messages.  I am
supposed to disable_decode_alerts in the
config file.  I don't know where in the config file to do that.  Does it
going in one of the preprocessor sections?  If so which one.  Thanks in
advance for any help you can provide.