[Snort-users] ACID cache problems

Counselman, Chris Contractor/Sverdrup chris.counselman at ...8029...
Fri Jan 24 06:38:44 EST 2003

I am running RedHat 8.0, Snort 1.9.0 and ACID .9.6b22 logging to a mysql
database. I posted yesterday with an archive database problem. I
received advice to rebuild the alert cache and that corrected it but I
have to rebuild the cache constantly to view the alerts. This also
happens less frequently with the real-time ACID database. Is this a bug
in the program or a setup problem? Are there any plans to fix it? Does
anyone have a script that rebuilds the alert cache a few times a day?

Thanks,

Chris